I listen to a lot of music from a lot of different genres, and it takes a lot to really just wow me. I don't just mean catch my attention, we are talking jaw to the floor, stop what I'm doing and devote all of my attention and emotion and senses to what is playing through my speakers. These next two guys really know what good music is. They are so young and have so much soul. The first time I listened to them I could have sworn I was hearing unreleased Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, or Sammy Davis Jr songs. These two give me a positive outlook on where the future of music is going. ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST!!!!!
I present to you Mayer Hawthorne and Raphael Saadiq.
Mayer Hawthorne - "Just Ain't Gonna Work Out"
Mayer Hawthorne - "I Wish It Would Rain" (Temptations Cover)
Mayer Hawthorne - "Maybe So Maybe No"
Mayer Hawthorne - "Love Is Alright"
Raphael Saadiq - "Love That Girl"
Raphael Saadiq - "100 Yard Dash"
Raphael Saadiq - "Let's Take A Walk"
No comments:
Post a Comment