Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday Afternoon Music

It's Sunday!!! Tomorrow's Monday, so why don't you kick back and relax before you have to get back to the real world tomorrow?
Minus the Bear never ceases to amaze me. Here are a couple of videos from them that I just can't seem to get over

Pachuca Sunrise


Absinthe Part at the Fly Honey Warehouse


This next guy has so much soul. He has a very soulful, jazzy, crooner style to his music.

Mayer Hawthorne - "Just Ain't Gonna Work Out"


Ok. I have posted videos from Mads before, but his Ryan Adams cover makes my list.

Mads Wolffbrandt - "Come Pick Me Up"-Ryan Adams cover


You should have known Mika was going to make this list. lol. Rolling Stone has hailed him as the new Freddie Mercury...minus the whole dying of AIDS thing.

Mika ft. Imogen Heap - "By The Time"


Still waiting for the Child Rebel Soldier album to come out. CRS is Lupe Fiasco, Pharrell Williams, and Kanye West. Not a huge Kanye fan but Lupe is one of my favorite rappers of all time. Lupe, Kanye, and Pharrell are rapping over Thom Yorke's "Erasure". Such a mellow track.
There are a few expletives in this one but definitely worth listening to.

Child Rebel Soldier - "Us Placers"


Come on, you knew I had to put Common on this one. This is real hip hop right here, lifting up and respecting women instead of constantly putting them down. We need more artist like Common.

Common ft Mary J Blige - "Come Close"


Part of me wants to see this band blow up and just become huge, the other part of me wants to keep them in my pocket and always be that "little band that I discovered".

The National - "Daughters of the Soho Riots"

2 comments:

  1. hey Ryan!
    high-five for good sunday tunes!

    oh yes brownie points for mayer hawthorne. I love "just ain't gonna work out"

    and pachuca sunrise is probably my favorite song from minus the bear or somewhere in the top favs.

    that Mads Wolffbrandt is pretty talented.

    anything with imogen heap I love. haven't gotten into mika. maybe one day I will. but that one they did together was good.

    that thom yorke rap cover did it for me. i love it haha.

    and common and the national..I need to put them on my iPod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    Thanks for taking the time to check out these tunes!!
    I am just discovering Mayer Hawthorne, the guy has so much soul AND TALENT

    You can't go wrong with Minus The Bear can you? I could probably listen to all of their albums on repeat all day long

    I'm really glad you liked Mads. He has this strange persona about him. Wonderful singer and musician, all of his music is soothing.

    It was hard to get into Mika at first, for me, but his vocal range astounds me.

    I'm glad you liked "Us Placers". Such a mellow tune lol

    Hope you found some more stuff by Common and The National that you like.!!!

    ReplyDelete